The SU Medical Benefits Plan covers breast pumps for new mothers. You may receive a pump at $0 copay if you purchase or rent an eligible model from a participating supplier of durable medical equipment. A prescription for the equipment may be required.
The following local providers participate with POMCO for breast pumps:
- Nunn’s Home Medical Equipment and Rothschild’s Medical Supply (stores located in the Syracuse and Rome area)
- Bolton’s (store located in Watertown, NY)
You can also order from the following participating providers:
- Yummy Mummy (http://yummymummystore.com/insurance.html?dir=desc&order=name)
- From the home page, select “Insurance Orders” then “Breast Pumps”
- Enter your state and select POMCO Group as the insurance plan
- The breast pumps eligible for coverage will be displayed
- Edgepark: Call 1-800-321-0591
- Lucina (lucinacare.com) or call 1-888-806-9750. Covered models are listed in the FAQ under “Insurance” on their website.
Provider participation is subject to change. Ask the provider or call POMCO at 877-461-7844 to confirm participation prior to ordering. Have your POMCO member ID card available when you order.
Limited coverage is available through SUBlue and SUPro for pumps purchased or rented from non-participating providers, but you will be responsible for meeting the plan’s out-of-network deductible and coinsurance, and you are responsible for any balance above the POMCO allowed amount. SUOrange does not provide out-of-network coverage. Review the Medical Booklet on MySlice or call POMCO if you have questions about this benefit.