Do you have a success story you want to share around moving more, eating well, stressing less, saving smart, quitting now or any other health improvement success you’ve made?
We’ve heard some great stories from you! Read these inspiring journeys to better health. And keep them coming!
What are your fellow SU faculty and staff saying about the Wellness Programs on campus?
Winter Running 101 with Fleet Feet Coach Brendan Jackson
Of the 22 participants surveyed, 100% rated the presentation as excellent or very good. 100% rated the instructor as excellent or very good. 96% of participants would recommend the presentation to others.
- Great to have a quick and thorough presentation like this. I think everyone walked away knowing a bit more about how to work with their own preferences and desires.
- Brendan was an engaging speaker. I found his talk to be valuable. Because he only had a limited amount of time, I recommend that this be give as a 3 session talk.
- Brendan was very clever with his humor and had a very friendly personality. He informed us about training, techniques and helpful products for winter running.
- Never did it seem as though he was pushing us to buy products or sign up for anything at Fleet Feet, which I thought was refreshing!
Tai Chi with the Taoist Tai Chi Society
Of the 18 participants surveyed, 94% of rated the tai chi series as excellent or very good. 94% of participants rated the instructor as excellent or very good. 88% of participants would be interested in continuing with tai chi.
- This class was the highlight of my week! Steve & David were awesome instructors and Frank and Carol, and Cindy who helped demonstrate moves were great, as were the others.
- I thought the class was great! Noticeable stress management/reduction.
- I really enjoyed the class, I found it a nice relaxing activity to de-stress a bit mid-day.
- I enjoyed taking the Friday class during my lunch period as a way to end the work week. I’ve been wanting to start learning Tai Chai, so I was happy that it was offered this Fall.
Save More, Stress Less presentation with Derek Brainard
Of the 26 participants surveyed, 90% rated the presentation as excellent or very good. 94% would attend a future financial-related presentation with Derek Brainard.
- The presentation helped me get a sense of where I should be headed, financially.
- I have a better idea of how to set goals and objectives and make them obtainable.
- I met with TIAA the next day and had a budget sheet ready and actually sounded intelligent, using the basic guidelines and handout that were provided at Derek’s presentation.
- I loved attending the Save More, Stress Less presentation that Derek gave. It was upbeat, serious, and funny all at once.
Fit Fitness into Your Workday presentation with SU adjunct professor Maggie Thomson
Of the 20 participants surveyed, 100% rated the presentation as excellent or very good. 100% rated the instructor as excellent or very good. 100% would attend a future fitness-related presentation with Maggie Thomson.
- I have been using the tips learned at the session every day.
- Yes! I am more aware of not just sitting still at my desk during the day and have used many of the tips Maggie suggested. I shared the information with others in my office that were not able to attend.
- I liked the interaction, which I did not anticipate. I liked that the entire presentation was brief, yet very informative. It was the perfect amount of information and the perfect amount of time.
- Thank you for making this interactive. It’s easier to retain the info when we actually do the exercises with you.
Yoga Foundations with Wellness Champion Laura Mikols
Of the 24 participants surveyed, 92% of rated the yoga class as excellent or very good. 92% of participants rated the instructor as excellent or very good. 95% of participants would be interested in continuing lunchtime yoga.
- LOVED IT, PLEASE OFFER AGAIN!!!
- I’ve taken several yoga classes and Laura’s has been, by far, my favorite. She is the best yogi I’ve ever learned from, and what she taught us will stick with me. I’ve enjoyed the classes so very much! She really wanted to enhance our practice, and pushed us to do better. I’m so thankful that this class has been available, and hope it continues to be.
- The yoga classes were great. Laura was enthusiastic and conscious of everyone’s level of experience. It was great to have the opportunity of joining the class, and I look forward for more classes!
- The time slot was excellent – 12:15 – 12:45. Made it easy to get to the gym and back to the office on my lunch hour.
Good Form presentation with Fleet Feet coach Mandy Howard
Of the 31 participants surveyed, 100% rated the presentation as excellent or very good. 100% rated the instructor as excellent or very good. 94% of participants would recommend the presentation to others.
- I thought it was a great presentation and learned information that I have already implemented and seen better results with my running.
- I’m an experienced runner and found this very valuable. Mandy was a great presenter!
- Appreciated the initiative to bring an outside expert in and thought the practice run immediately after was a nice opportunity to test what was learned.
- Great presentation – very informative – something I’ve always wanted to learn more about. Would love to have more of these types of sessions.