Syracuse University Tobacco Cessation Resources
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy coverage is offered to faculty, staff and family members who are enrolled in the University’s health benefits coverage through SUBlue, SUOrange or SUPro. You and your enrolled family members are eligible to receive coverage at no cost to you for prescription drugs and FDA-approved over-the-counter products to help you quit tobacco. You will need a prescription from your physician (even for OTC products) and must fill the prescription with the pharmacist. If you have any questions about this coverage, contact Optum Rx at the number on your member ID card.
- The Monday Campaign: Quit and Stay Quit Monday
Carebridge, our Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) can help
The full suite of Carebridge’s comprehensive services and resources are available to all those eligible to participate in the University’s medical plan, including benefits-eligible faculty and staff, and their dependents.
- Information & Resources: Carebridge Wellness Resource Specialists will provide educational information and resources to help callers learn about preparing for and remaining tobacco free. Resources include community-based support as well as internet and phone-based support.
- FSAP Telephonic Consultations: Carebridge provides short-term telephonic consultations with behavioral health clinicians and wellness coaches to assist individuals with cutting back or quitting their tobacco habit.
- FSAP Counseling Carebridge: FSAP referrals are available for in-person counseling for tobacco dependence as well as co-morbid conditions such as stress, depression and anxiety.