Carebridge offers several options for counseling and support.
- In-Person Counseling (During the Covid-19 pandemic, availability of in-person referrals could be restricted.)
- Short-Term Telephonic Counseling
- Telehealth Platform Offering Video, Telephonic, or Chat-Based Counseling
Carebridge can provide a referral to a local, licensed counselor that is also in-network with your medical plan. Many employees prefer this option because they can meet with the provider directly and continue with the same counselor using their behavioral health insurance after using the no-cost EAP sessions. In some situations, the insurance carrier may also authorize telehealth options with the same provider. In such situations, your counseling sessions can be completed via phone or video.
Short-Term Telephonic Counseling
These sessions allow for quick access to the allotted number of no-cost EAP sessions for short-term needs. This option is useful for those individuals seeking sessions outside of standard business hours and who do not plan to continue beyond the EAP benefit. In addition, individuals who show signs of significant mental health distress, are abusing substances, or are in a mental health crisis should not utilize this option. Examples where this option is beneficial include those who are seeking stress management strategies, improved parenting skills, and better communication tactics.
Using this platform, you have the choice of accessing sessions with a licensed counselor via video, phone, and synchronous (live) and asynchronous (periodic) chat. Video, phone, and live chats are for a scheduled time with a designated provider. Periodic chats of less than 500 words per week can be used to ask questions and request clarifications as an additional tool between live counseling sessions. When you are referred to a telehealth option, you will receive an email to register and complete a survey regarding your needs and preferences. You will be matched with an appropriate, licensed counselor, and you may schedule your first session within 24-48 hours through the Carebridge site.
If you are dissatisfied with your counselor, you may request a change at any time. If you decide that the counselor is not the right fit for your needs, you may contact Carebridge at any time for a new referral and you will not lose any of your allotted sessions. If you want to continue with the counselor beyond the initial number of allotted EAP sessions, you may contract directly with the telehealth provider platform at the rate of $45 per session. At this time, you cannot use your health insurance for this option.
Telehealth options are not the right solution for you if any of the following is true:
- You have thoughts of hurting yourself or others
- You are a minor or you are under the care of a legal guardian
- You are in an urgent crisis or an emergency situation
- You have been diagnosed with a severe mental illness, or if you have been advised to be in psychological supervision or psychiatric care
- You are required to undergo therapy or counseling either by a court order or by any other authority
- You do not have a device that can connect to the internet or you do not have a reliable internet connection
Your privacy is important. No names are identified or reported to anyone without your written authorization except in the following situations: by court order, imminent threat of harm to self or others, or situations of suspected abuse (such as child or elder abuse).
Contact Carebridge at 800.437.0911 (TTY:711) or firstname.lastname@example.org, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All services are confidential within the limits of the law.