Fearless is knowing there’s a whole team behind you
For little questions or big health-related challenges, the Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Member Care Management team is here. This is a team of healthcare professionals that can provide support and guidance for your overall health and well-being. Faculty and staff that are Excellus BCBS members have unlimited access to Member Care Management services and care at no cost. Get help keeping track of doctor’s recommendations and prescription refills. Discover new groups and useful resources. Even learn how to better care for a family member.
Contact the Member Care Management (MCM) team:
- Member Care Management for Chronic and Complex Conditions
- Behavioral Health Management
The MCM team includes:
- Registered nurses: Your dedicated registered nurse will be your main point of contact on the MCM team — providing you with the care planning, education, and emotional support you need to achieve your health goals.
- Registered dietitians: Want to start eating better? THE MCM registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who can tell you exactly what you need to eat in order to live healthier.
- Behavioral Health Specialists: When you’re dealing with addiction or mental illness, it can feel like you’ve got nobody in your corner. But that’s not true. Get the counseling and direction you need from the MCM behavioral health specialists.
- Social Workers: Family problems can be extremely challenging to handle on your own. The MCM social workers are here to give you the skills, tools, support, and confidence to get these issues resolved.
The MCM team offers care in a variety of ways:
- Dedicated Team: Your registered nurse works with a team of health care professionals in a wide variety of specialties to give you the one-on-one support you need to meet your health goals.
- Chronic Condition Management: They identify the barriers preventing you from achieving your health goals and help you overcome them. They also provide support such as education on recommended tests and screenings so you can feel confident managing your illness.
- Complex Condition Management: Following a thorough assessment to determine your needs, they provide outreach and support to keep you on track with your health goals.
- Behavioral Health Management: Substance abuse and mental illness are treatable diseases. They’ll provide you with the education, support, and community resources you need to get the upper hand on them.
Common conditions that the MCM team can assist with:
- High Cholesterol
- Behavioral Health Conditions
- Healthy Eating