When you need them — you have their whole team behind you
The Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Member Care Management team is here for you when you need us. For little questions, links to additional resources, or big health challenges our care managers can help support members of all ages – from conception to adulthood.
Faculty and staff that are Excellus BCBS members have unlimited access to Member Care Management services and care at no cost. Get help keeping track of doctor’s recommendations and prescription refills. Discover new groups and useful resources. Even learn how to better care for a family member.
Contact the Member Care Management (MCM) team:
- Member Care Management for Chronic and Complex Conditions
- Behavioral Health Management
Four ways MCM cares:
- Care coordination – Connecting you to the support you need. Your care manager works with a team of healthcare experts in a wide variety of specialties. Together they can help you meet your health goals. Care managers can also help you access health care services and other support by connecting you to community organizations.
- Chronic condition management – Ongoing knowledge and specialized care. We find the hurdles stopping you from reaching your health goals and can help you overcome them. We can also provide support like education on tests and screenings so you can feel good about managing your illness.
- Complex condition management – Personal support to get you through. You can tell us about your health needs by taking an assessment. We can provide outreach and support to keep you on track with your health goals.
- Behavioral health management – Proven approaches with real results. Substance use disorder and mental illness are treatable diseases. We can provide you with education, support, and community resources.
No matter what you need, they have people to help:
- Registered nurses – Our registered nurses provide care planning, education and emotional support to achieve your health goals.
- Behavioral healthcare managers – When you are dealing with addiction or mental illness, it can feel like nobody is in your corner. But that is not true. Get support and direction from our behavioral health care managers.
- Registered dietitians – Want to start eating better? Our registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts. They can tell you what to eat to support your health.
- Social workers – Family problems can be challenging to handle on your own. Our social workers are here to give you the skills, tools, and support to get these issues resolved.